The month of June marks LGBTQ+ international pride month 2021. As one of the leading LGBTQ+ fertility clinics in the country, we feel it’s even more important to show our continued support.
The General Medical Council (GMC) have published an article outlining your rights as lesbian, gay, bi and trans patients.
The guidance is clear that doctors must:
- treat you fairly, without discrimination
- work with you to reach decisions about your treatment and care that are right for you
- respect your confidentiality and protect your personal information from improper disclosure.
They must not:
- deny you access to appropriate treatment or services because of their personal beliefs (eg about your sexual orientation, gender identity or trans status)
- express their personal beliefs, including political, religious and moral beliefs, in a way that is likely to cause you distress.
Our staff do their best in every circumstance to deliver good care and follow these GMC Guidance, and encourage everyone to be aware of these rights, to make sure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.