We are aware that some of our patients would like to continue to have acupuncture during their treatment whilst COVID restrictions are in place.
Whilst we would ask all patients on treatment to continue to self-isolate to minimise their risk of COVID, we also feel that supportive therapies such as acupuncture are beneficial. Our advice to patients is to carefully weigh up the risks of travelling to and from an accredited centre providing Acupuncture to decide if they feel they can do this safely.
Elaine Cook, one of our local Acupuncturists, has provided us with reassuring information from the British Acupuncture Guidelines. During the current COVID lockdown British Acupuncture Council members are able to practise, subject to regional government guidelines and the BAcC Covid-19 secure guidelines. In this context, acupuncture is classified as a medical treatment and an appointment is considered a legitimate reason for leaving your home.
We support all our patients who wish to continue with Acupuncture during their treatment at this time, provided they are using an Acupuncturist who is a member of the British Acupuncture Council and that they are following these procedures to minimise COVID risk:
- conducting a risk assessment before seeing you
- using appropriate PPE, including single use of any item that touches the patient
- using virus safe cleaning materials
- swabbing the room between every patient
- keeping the room well ventilated during and between patients, including leaving an appropriate gap between patients
- only having one patient in at a time, with no waiting room facilities
- handwashing before and after contact, and ensuring patients use gel and/or handwash
- using digital payment
- ensuring social distance measures for most of appointment, with minimal contact
For further detailed information you can visit: