We offer treatment to all patients who are eligible for NHS-funded treatment as well as private patients.
You will not be treated any differently if you are NHS or privately funded. Some procedures, such as sperm and egg donation, are not funded by the NHS.
You are also not allowed to ‘mix’ NHS and private treatment as this could jeopardise your NHS funding.
We have no waiting times, call us today to book your appointments.
We believe in complete transparency and honesty on pricing. That’s why we’ve created special fertility packages tailored to different situations.
If you’re funding your treatment privately, your Consultant will be able to advise you which treatment plan you should follow and give you a draft cost plan. This gives you time to consider your options and complete any outstanding investigations before your Nurse Consultation. This is when you’ll be able to decide on your treatment plan. Once this has been agreed, we’ll finalise your cost plan and ask for payment.
Medication costs will vary according to your protocol and the dose of drugs you’re on. We’ll be able to give you these, too, during your Nurse Consultation.
We know that fertility treatment can be a huge financial burden. Our admin team are always on standby to answer any of your queries and give you information on other finance options we can offer.
Our treatment packages offer excellent value for money bearing in mind that we consistently deliver some of the highest success rates in the country, with exceptional patient care. All our packages clearly show what’s included and, unlike other clinics, you won’t be caught out with hidden extras (sometimes known as ‘add-ons’). This means you can carefully budget for your treatment.
The Agora is the largest NHS provider in Sussex. We’ve always been the number one choice for patients needing help to conceive. We’re proud to have helped so many couples achieve their dream of having a baby.
We offer NHS-funded fertility treatments for patients living in both East and West Sussex. The criteria you need to meet for NHS funding approval varies between each Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) around the country.
The first step to securing funding for fertility treatment is to see your GP. They’ll be able to start the process. Your GP will refer you on, either to specialist GP services (if you live in West Sussex) or specialist Consultants (if you live in East Sussex).
If you’re found to be eligible for NHS funding once you’ve completed all your fertility investigations, your referral will be passed on to your CCG for approval. At this stage, you’ll be given a list of Fertility Clinics that can treat you.
We’d love to meet you. You can come along to one of our regular Open Evening to find out more about the clinic and the treatments we offer. You can also arrange to drop in to have a look around and speak to one of our team who’ll be able to answer any questions.
Access criteria for Coastal West Sussex CCG, Mid Sussex CCG and East Sussex CCG (Brighton & Hove, High Weald Lewes Havens)
- Age 23-39 (If referred at 39 you must be treated before your 40th birthday)
- Body Mass Index (BMI) 19-29
- No more than one privately funded fresh cycle of IVF/ICSI
- Neither partner can have living children from this relationship, previous relationships or from adoption
- You need to have been infertile for at least two years unless a recognised cause of infertility has been identified (e.g. blocked tubes, low sperm count) in which case you should have been trying to conceive for at least one year
- Both partners need to be non-smokers
- Your anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) levels need to be greater than 4.9pmol (as measured in the Royal Sussex County Hospital Laboratory, Brighton)
All Sussex CCGs will also fund:
- Surgical sperm retrieval for obstructive azoospermia
- Fertility treatment for those with viral illness
- Egg, sperm and embryo freezing for those with a diagnosis of cancer (who need to have chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
- Egg and Sperm freezing for patients undergoing NHS-funded Gender reassignment
The following treatments are not NHS funded:
- Egg donation and egg freezing
- Treatments involving donor sperm
- Patients who have had a reversal of sterilisation (vasectomy)
The Agora Clinic has partnered with Access Fertility to provide specially designed payment programmes and treatment plans. These are designed to help you manage your costs and improve your chances of success by being able to have more than one cycle of IVF. A payment programme can also give you peace of mind while you focus on your treatment.
You can have all your treatment at the Agora Clinic, with you and your doctor making all the decisions about your care.
Our Refund and Multi-cycle programmes are designed to help you get the most from your treatment. They can save money and, in some cases, there may be a refund available for treatment . You can find out more details about these programmes from the Agora Clinic.
Alternatively, you can visit www.accessfertility.co.uk or telephone: 01865 801000.
Next Open Evenings
Wednesday 22nd of April (Postponed)
Wednesday 8th of April (Postponed)
Book your place online using the button below.
Alternatively, via email:
or phone: 01273 229410
We look forward to welcoming you.