Some important changes to bring to your attention:
- All patients attending the Clinic will be asked to complete our COVID-19 self-assessment questionnaire which is on our patient portal. You will be advised when to complete this and send it in.
- We will also ask that you to wear a face mask when you attend for your appointments and that you keep that face mask just for your Agora appointments.
- We are now asking all patients to wash their hands in our washroom facilities on arrival. Please use hot water and soap as advised by the Department of Health.
- We have introduced a no handshaking and two metre rule policy.
- We have adjusted our seating arrangements so where possible you will not be sitting closer than two metres to another patient or member of staff. Obviously, we need to relax this rule a little when you are having a treatment such as a blood test or procedure.
- We have removed all magazines and newspapers. We are encouraging our patients to bring their own phones, ipads or laptops to use while waiting.
- We have had to unfortunately suspend access to our drinks machines (water and hot drinks). If you need some water please ask one of our staff.
- We have removed all toys and books from our child play area.
- We ask you to use the tissues provided on each table if you need to and dispose of them in the bins provided.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in specific areas of the clinic (including door handles, reception area, treatment areas, toilets etc.) using hospital-grade disinfectant wipes.
We are really looking forward to being able to continue treatment programs and welcome new patients. We have a detailed contingency plan set up to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus in another patient or member of staff.
Important Advice to Patients
Please inform the Agora if you have visited the clinic in the last 21 days and have been tested as positive for Coronavirus.
Please note: we will now be offering all our medical and nursing consultations through Agora Zoom or by telephone to minimise the footfall through the clinic and safeguard all our patients where we can. If you prefer to come to the clinic we will of course accommodate your request.
We are known for our excellent patient support and know that right now this is more important than ever. We have adapted many of our patient support options to the ‘virtual’ social distancing measures imposed upon us.
We are offering virtual Patient Support sessions, counselling through Skype as well as weekly Q & A with myself through our closed Facebook Group, Agora Friends.
- If you are already a patient, we continue to respond to your questions through our various channels, including the Salve App and Agora Friends (please message us if you want to find out how to join our closed Facebook group Agora Friends).
- Our Counsellors Malcolm and Heather are available for counselling support through telephone or skype.
- We are offering regular ‘Virtual Patient Support’ sessions (please email mmgu@agoraclinic to book in)