Violetta joined the Agora team in 2016. She is a Trainee Clinical Embryologist and is soon to complete the STP Equivalence program for Clinical Embryologists. She obtained her BSc in Molecular Biology at the University of Manchester before completing an MSc in Genetic Manipulation and Molecular Cell Biology at the University of Sussex. She went on to conduct research on Motor Neuron Disease, and in 2009, she was awarded with a PhD in Biochemistry by the University of Sussex.
Following two successful post-doctoral posts with published work at various peer reviewed journals and conferences, she decided to follow her passion in reproductive science and enter the field of Clinical Embryology.
Violetta’s Scientific Research Publications
- El-Kadi AM, Soura V, Hafezparast M. Defective axonal transport in motor neuron disease. J Neurosci Res. 2007 Sep;85(12):2557-66.
- Myers KR, Lo KW, Lye RJ, Kogoy JM, Soura V, Hafezparast M, Pfister KK. Intermediate chain subunit as a probe for cytoplasmic dynein function: biochemical analyses and live cell imaging in PC12 cells. J Neurosci Res. 2007 Sep;85(12):2640-7.
- Deng W, Garrett C, Dombert B, Soura V, Banks G, Fisher EM, van der Brug MP, Hafezparast M. Neurodegenerative mutation in cytoplasmic dynein alters its organization and dynein-dynactin and dynein-kinesin interactions. J Biol Chem. 2010 Dec 17;285(51):39922-34
- Soura V, Stewart-Parker M, Williams TL, Ratnayaka A, Atherton J, Gorringe K, Tuffin J, Darwent E, Rambaran R, Klein W, Lacor P, Staras K, Thorpe J, Serpell LC. Visualization of co-localization in Aβ42-administered neuroblastoma cells reveals lysosome damage and autophagosome accumulation related to cell death. Biochem J. 2012 Jan 15;441(2):579-90
- Bianchi J, Rudd SG, Jozwiakowski SK, Bailey LJ, Soura V, Taylor E, Stevanovic I, Green AJ, Stracker TH, Lindsay HD, Doherty AJ. PrimPol bypasses UV photoproducts during eukaryotic chromosomal DNA replication. Mol Cell. 2013 Nov 21;52(4):566-73
- Garrett CA, Barri M, Kuta A, Soura V, Deng W, Fisher EM, Schiavo G, Hafezparast M. DYNC1H1 mutation alters transport kinetics and ERK1/2-cFos signalling in a mouse model of distal spinal muscular atrophy. 2014 Jul;137(Pt 7):1883-93